HRFLA Staff Report
On Wednesday, entries were taken and posts were drawn for Saturday’s $1 million Belmont Stakes (Grade 1).
The field is listed below in order of posts and program numbers, with jockeys and trainers. Morning line odds are in parentheses. All horses will carry 126 pounds.
The Belmont Stakes is 1-1/8 miles this year and is the tenth race on Saturday’s card at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York.
Scheduled post is 5:42 p.m. Eastern. NBC’s over-the-air stations will have a live telecast from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern.
Due to schedule changes stemming from the coronavirus (COVOID-190 pandemic, the Belmont is the first race in this year’s Triple Crown series.
1. Tap It To Win (6-1) John Velazquez–Mark Casse.
2. Sole Volante (9-2) Luca Panici–Patrick Biancone
3. Max Player (15-1) Joel Rosario–Linda Rice
4. Modernist (15-1) Junior Alvarado–Bill Mott
5. Farmington Road (15-1) Javier Castellano–Todd Pletcher
6. Fore Left (30-1) Jose Ortiz-Doug O’Neill
7. Jungle Runner (50-1) Reylu Gutierrez-Steve Asmussen
8. Tiz the Law (6-5) Manuel Franco-Barclay Tagg
9. Dr Post (5-1) Irad Ortiz Jr.–Todd Pletcher
10. Pneumatic (6-1) Ricardo Santana –Steve ASmuss6en
The five horses identified in bold raced at least once this year at Gulfstream Park or at Tampa Bay Downs. At Gulfstream, morning line favorite Tiz the Law won the 1/16 mile Holy Bull (Grade 3) on Feb. 1 and the 1-1/8 mile Florida Derby on March 28.
We will post an expanded version of this story later on Thursday or Friday.