HorseracingFLA Staff Report
Post positions were drawn on Wednesday for Saturday’s $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (Grade 1) at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y.
Post time for the 1 ½ mile race is 6:32 p.m. Saturday, with coverage on NBC.
Exaggerator, winner of the Preakness Stakes (Grade 1) is the 9-5 morning line favorite and is in post 11 for the Belmont. Nyquist, winner of the Kentucky Derby (Grade 1) is recovering from a fever and is not running in the Belmont.
On Friday, we will have previews of the Belmont. On Saturday morning, we will have our suggested bets, along with our predictions.
Here are the post positions with morning line odds, trainers and jockeys.
- Governor Malibu (12-1) Christophe Clement, Joel Rosario
- Destin (6-1) Todd Pletcher, Javier Castellano
- Cherry Wine (8-1) Dale Romans, Corey Lanerie
- Suddenbreakingnews (10-1) Donnie Von Hemel, Mike Smith
- Stradivari (5-1) Todd Pletcher, John Velazque
- Gettysburg (30-1) Steve Asmussen, Paco Lopez
- Seeking the Soul (30-1) Dallas Stewart, Florent Geroux
- Forever d’Oro (30-1) Dallas Stewart, Jose Ortiz
- Trojan Nation (30-1) Patrick Gallagher, Aaron Gtyder
- Lani (20-1) Mitio Matsubaka, Yutaka Take
- Exaggerator (9-5) Keith Desormeaux, Kent Desormeaux
- Brody’s Cause (20-1) Dale Romans, Luis Saez
- Creator (10-1) Steve Asmussen, Irad Ortiz Jr.