HorseracingFLA Staff Report
Post positions were drawn late Wednesday afternoon for Saturday’s $2.4 million Kentucky Derby (Grade 1) at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
Nyquist, unbeaten in seven starts, drew post 13 in the 20-horse field and is the 3-1 morning line favorite.
Later today (Thursday) on this Web site we will have our first in a series of previews for the Kentucky Derby, including a look at how post positions could impact some of the top contenders.
The Kentucky Derby is Saturday’s 12th race at Churchill Downs, with scheduled post of 6:34 p.m. Eastern.
*Field for 2016 Kentucky Derby—Post Position, Horse, Jockey, Morning Line Odds
- Trojan Nation Aaron Gryder 50-1
- Suddenbreakingnews Luis Quinonez 20-1
- Creator Ricardo Santana Jr. 10-1
- Mo Tom Corey Lanerie 20-1
- Gun Runner Florent Geroux 10-1
- My Man Sam Irad Ortiz Jr. 20-1
- Oscar Nominated Julien Leparoux 50-1
- Lani Yutaka Take 30-1
- Destin Javier Castellano 15-1
- Whitmore Victor Espinoza 20-1
- Exaggerator Kent Desormeaux 8-1
- Tom’s Ready Brian Hernandez Jr. 30-1
- Nyquist Mario Gutierrez 3-1
- Mohaymen Junior Alvarado 10-1
- Outwork John Velazquez 15-1
- Shagaf Joel Rosario 20-1
- Mor Spirit Gary Stevens 12-1
- Majesto Emisael Jaramillo 30-1
- Brody’s Cause Luis Saez 12-1
- Danzing Candy Mike Smith 15-1
AE-21. Laoban Cornelio Velasquez 50-1
AE-22. Cherry Wine Robby Albarado 30-1