Gulfstream Today: Sprint Allowance, Rainbow 6 Buzz

By HorseracingFLA Staff
Thursday, May 21 –Gulfstream Park resumed live racing today with eight races and the standard first post time of 1:00 p.m.

It is the first of five consecutive race days at Gulfstream. There was no racing at Gulfstream yesterday. It will instead have a race card on Monday May 25, which is Memorial Day.

Today’s featured seventh race is a $62,500 optional claimer/allowance at seven furlongs on dirt for 3-year-olds and up, with a $42,000 purse.

Monty Haul, Black Diamond Cat and Louies Flower are song likely favorites in the eight-horse field.

Rainbow 6
Gulfstream will have a mandatory payout on its Rainbow 6 tomorrow (Friday), no matter the number of wining tickets.

The size of Friday’s Rainbow 6 pot of gold will depend on what happens today–i.e. whether there is one winner or multiple winners.

The Rainbow 6 has a carryover of $130,294.99 today. The 20-cent only per combination bet is on the last six races. Today that is races three through

Today will be a standard day for the Rainbow 6. The full pool of today’s bets plus the carryover will be paid out only if there is just one ticket with all six winners.

If there are multiple winners, they will divide 70 percent of today’s Rainbow 6 pool and the remaining 30 percent will be added to the carryover.

If there is no single winner today, the combination of new bets and the carryover could produce a pool of mote than $500,000 for tomorrow.





Leave a Reply